Pop-up menu with Aliases

Post by Nicolas Gattari » Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:15:42

Hello to eveyone!
   I would like to do something, but i don't know if is possible???
   Since i have to use a lot of aliases (more than 30) at work, I was
wondering if there is a way to create like a pop-up menu by clicking
somewhere in the terminal that shows all the alias so we can just access
them by selecting them from this pop-up menu???
   If this is not possible, can someone tell me how i can found a handy
solution to this?
   Thanks so much

NICO

Pop-up menu with Aliases

Post by Chris F.A. Johnso » Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:16:10

Quote:> Hello to eveyone!
>    I would like to do something, but i don't know if is possible???
>    Since i have to use a lot of aliases (more than 30) at work, I was
> wondering if there is a way to create like a pop-up menu by clicking
> somewhere in the terminal that shows all the alias so we can just access
> them by selecting them from this pop-up menu???
>    If this is not possible, can someone tell me how i can found a handy
> solution to this?

   If you want a menu, why bother with aliases?

--
   Chris F.A. Johnson, author   |    <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
   Shell Scripting Recipes:     |  My code in this post, if any,

Pop-up menu with Aliases

Post by sim.. » Sun, 26 Mar 2006 16:13:26

>> Hello to eveyone!
>>    I would like to do something, but i don't know if is possible???
>>    Since i have to use a lot of aliases (more than 30) at work, I was
>> wondering if there is a way to create like a pop-up menu by clicking
>> somewhere in the terminal that shows all the alias so we can just access
>> them by selecting them from this pop-up menu???
>>    If this is not possible, can someone tell me how i can found a handy
>> solution to this?

If you want this in the console (as opposed to X), you can use
the "dialog" utility, which I believe is included in most Linux
distributions (I know Slackware uses it for a text-based
installer).

Simon

--
Stupendous Tales
www.stupendoustales.com

1. put User Menu in a mouse pop-up menu in Gnome/Enlightenment?

Hello,

I am a relatively new Linux user (RedHat 6.2) and am trying to
customize Gnome/Enlightenment.  I have put applications want in the
User Menu (~/.gnome/apps), but I would like that menu to pop up within
the menu that comes up with a middle or right mouse button click.  I
cannot figure out how to do it.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Brian Flaherty

--
      /"\
      \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN

2. Atomic HD writes?

3. Mouse right-click on desktop: how to modify pop-up menu?

4. aha2840 port

5. pop-up menu

6. file too large to be printed

7. how to edit pop-up menus?

8. Trio64 -- S3 server won't start! Help!

9. Using `rsh' in a `twm' pop-up menu

10. Pop-up menu in X Windows - terminal session.

11. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

12. Advertising pop-ups on web pages

13. Geocities-like pop-ups