bash escape sequences

Post by Neil Zanell » Wed, 30 May 2001 13:55:37

Hello,

Where can I find a complete list of escape sequences
and their effects inclusing those for setting colors
and producing sounds with the speaker using the bash
echo -e mechanism?

Thanks,

Neil

bash escape sequences

Post by Faux_Pseu » Wed, 30 May 2001 17:36:53

--(Once apon a time, in comp.unix.shell,)--
                --(Neil Zanella said it like only they can.)--
Quote:

> Hello,

> Where can I find a complete list of escape sequences
> and their effects inclusing those for setting colors
> and producing sounds with the speaker using the bash
> echo -e mechanism?

> Thanks,

> Neil

The best source i have found is the bash-prompt-howto
there is a bit in there on all of those things and a script that will
demonstrate all the colors avalible
you can get it at the ldp

--

GUI's are for slackers.  ibpconf.sh 6.1 on freshmeat.net
The easiest way to customize the command line.  By Faux_Pseudo

It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.
        - Andrew Jackson

bash escape sequences

Post by Michael Heimin » Thu, 31 May 2001 06:14:11

> Hello,

> Where can I find a complete list of escape sequences
> and their effects inclusing those for setting colors
> and producing sounds with the speaker using the bash
> echo -e mechanism?

> Thanks,

> Neil

Case you are running FSF echo,
"info echo" should give you all info needed.

Michael Heiming

1. bash escape sequences

Are there such things?

I'm trying to port some of my Bourne scripts which use escape sequences
such as '\c' and the like to Linux's favorite shell - bash - and I see
that they don't work.  I realize that I can use ksh where they work fine,
but are there escape sequences in bash and if so what are they?

Thanks in advance.

Max Pyziur

2. Attaching an old printer

3. echo escape sequences in bash shell

4. terminal settings BEFORE login in

5. multi-line patterns in gnu-sed / gnu-bash - how to escape that `0 sequence?

6. sed question

8. Ping

9. Escape sequences

10. OBP OK prompt escape sequence/ Sun Ultra IIs

11. escape sequences

12. add control characters using sed with escape sequences?

13. Bubble-jet escape sequences