Xerox Network printer problem

Post by Peter Samuels » Mon, 11 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

> ------=_NextPart_000_0A05_01BD7BB9.EAD5FAA0

Please don't do that.  Tell MS Outlook Express not to send MIME or use
vcards.  At least in comp.unix.shell.  Quoted-printable sucks too.

Quote:> I have a problem printing from a Xerox 4512 network printer, the jobs
> are in /usr/spool/lpd/Xerox but nothing goes to the printer.

> Ping to the printer IP: CORRECT
> Telnet to configure the printer: CORRECT

> OS: SCO Enterprise v. 5.0

1. This is comp.unix.shell, which is mostly about how to use Unix
   shells, not how to troubleshoot print queues.  If you
2. We have no idea how or even whether you set up this print queue,
   other than the fact that /usr/spool/lpd/Xerox seems to be receiving
   jobs.  If you want answers you need to provide a few more
   configuration details.  We don't even know if the queue _used_ to
   work and broke, or if you simply haven't gotten it to work yet.
3. We don't know what you've tried already.  Surely SCO comes with a
   few manuals (they better, they charge enough) and some tech
   support.  What do these other resources recommend, and have you
   tried it?

Quote:> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> J   E   S   C   O   S
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

FYI, this is what quoted-printable encoding looks like.  Tell Outlook
Express to use 7bit.

--
Peter Samuelson
<sampo.creighton.edu ! psamuels>

Xerox Network printer problem

Post by jsouto » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

Ok Peter, I'm a beginner.
1- This is my first experience and I don't know  how many Unix groups
there are.
2-  Can you tell me what's de best group of SCO Unix to make questions
about network problems?
3-  I think my Outlook Express is now right configured to read this
response.
4-  We have a Intranet configured with internal IP's
5-  I tried to define the printer with the "hpnp" software from the
"sysadm", and there are no problems to communicate via "telnet" to
configure network parameters such as:
IP: 28.0.0.100
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Port:10000
6-  The IP servers is 28.0.0.1 and the Windows clients are 28.0.0.10,
28.0.0.11, etc.
7-  We have another printer connect to the parallel port of the server
and it works correctly with all the clients from MS Office
applications
8-  I have checked all the procedures in the SCO guides but
the jobs go to the printer spool and there are no error messages nor
the root mail nor the console display.

Well, thanks for your message Peter

= JESCOS =

Quote:

>Please don't do that.  Tell MS Outlook Express not to send MIME or
use
>vcards.  At least in comp.Unix.shell.  Quoted-printable sucks

too.printer, the jobs
Quote:>> are in /usr/spool/lpd/Xerox but nothing goes to the printer.

>> I have a problem printing from a Xerox 4512 network
>> Ping to the printer IP: CORRECT
>> Telnet to configure the printer: CORRECT

>> OS: SCO Enterprise v. 5.0

>1. This is comp.Unix.shell, which is mostly about how to use Unix
>   shells, not how to troubleshoot print queues.  If you
>2. We have no idea how or even whether you set up this print queue,
>   other than the fact that /usr/spool/lpd/Xerox seems to be
receiving
>   jobs.  If you want answers you need to provide a few more
>   configuration details.  We don't even know if the queue _used_ to
>   work and broke, or if you simply haven't gotten it to work yet.
>3. We don't know what you've tried already.  Surely SCO comes with a
>   few manuals (they better, they charge enough) and some tech
>   support.  What do these other resources recommend, and have you
tried it?

>--
>Peter Samuelson
><sampo.creighton.edu ! psamuels>

1. Fuji Xerox Docucentre 350 as N/W Printer on solaris 2.6

I  want  to  configure  a  remote  Fuji  Xerox  Docucentre 350  Printer
as  a  Network  printer  on  Solaris  2.6. I  did  configure  the
printer  using  the  Unix  Filter 2.0 from ACEL. But  it  is  not
printing when  I  fire  a  printout. Has  anybody  used  the  combination

Fuji  Xerox  Docucentre 350  Printer - Solaris 2.6 - Unix Filter

or
Fuji  Xerox  Docucentre 350  Printer - Solaris 2.6 - JetDirect/Jetadmin

? Please  give  me  some  tips  on  it  and  a  detail  procedure  will
be  greatly  appreciated.

2. Only root can start X, why?!

3. XEROX XE80 printer

4. High CPU wait cause of slowdown?

5. How to Print Unix Files on a Xerox 9700 Page Printer

6. How long to format an hd ??

7. Need support hooking Xerox 4235 printer on AIX 4.1.4

8. Gigabit Ethernet experience anyone?

9. Need help on using Xerox laser printer :(

10. Printing to a Xerox Printer

11. nroff => xerox x2700 laser printer

12. Experience with Xerox Phaser 3116 Laser Printer under Linux?

13. How can I set up Linux to work with Xerox P8ex Laser printer