Transfer data from a client's port to a host port.

Transfer data from a client's port to a host port.

Post by Cyluri » Fri, 27 Dec 2002 16:26:41

What I'm trying to do is to keep port 5003 active.  For some reason,
my router with NAT turns off the port because there is no activity.
Port 5003 is used in Filemaker Pro.  What I would like to do is to
have a script that would transfer any data from the client's port 5003
to the host's port 5003.  I would have crontab transfer the data
hourly.

Any suggestions.

thx in advance.

Post by William Par » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 11:40:09

> What I'm trying to do is to keep port 5003 active.  For some reason,
> my router with NAT turns off the port because there is no activity.
> Port 5003 is used in Filemaker Pro.  What I would like to do is to
> have a script that would transfer any data from the client's port 5003
> to the host's port 5003.  I would have crontab transfer the data
> hourly.

> Any suggestions.

> thx in advance.

Try connecting 'telnet' or 'ftp' to that port.

Post by bd » Fri, 03 Jan 2003 03:15:56

> What I'm trying to do is to keep port 5003 active.  For some reason,
> my router with NAT turns off the port because there is no activity.
> Port 5003 is used in Filemaker Pro.  What I would like to do is to
> have a script that would transfer any data from the client's port 5003
> to the host's port 5003.  I would have crontab transfer the data
> hourly.

> Any suggestions.

> thx in advance.

Assuming you have netcat installed: