Setting default printer

Post by bla.. » Sat, 24 Dec 1994 08:25:38

I want to set up several users Unix accounts to print directly to the local Novell lan
printer. I have done this to my own account by adding the line:
setenv PRINTER bldgagric.plant_hp3si to my .login file
When I tried to add this line to the other accounts nothing happened, what am I doing
wrong?
Jim

Setting default printer

Post by Andreas Kle » Thu, 05 Jan 1995 06:18:12

: I want to set up several users Unix accounts to print directly to the local Novell lan
: printer. I have done this to my own account by adding the line:
: setenv PRINTER bldgagric.plant_hp3si to my .login file
: When I tried to add this line to the other accounts nothing happened, what am I doing
: wrong?
: Jim

Perhaps the other users use another login shell, that typically
doesn't read .login ?

Look into /etc/passwd, last field. I assume you are using /bin/csh,
what use the others ?

        Andreas ///

--

                *** apsfilter - irgendwie clever ***
    ftp: ftp.Germany.EU.net:/pub/os/Linux/Incoming.EUnet/aps-481.tgz

                            \|/
                           --*-- Happy new year !!!
                            /|\