Passing commands thru a shell script

Post by Gary Gladn » Thu, 21 Jul 1994 23:07:09

I am trying to write some shell scripts on a OSF1 machine and I cannot seem
to pass a exit command thru the shell script to exit out of TCSH and get back
to C shell.  As one might guess I am fairly new to the Unix enviroment.

thanks
gary gladney

1. How to pass a variable from a shell script to another shell script...

Hi,
         I have written a shell script 1............and internally its
calling another shell script 2........input to  redhat specific
chkconfig command... which executes and builds links in bootstartup
scipt directories (rc.d).

Actually i needs to pass a variable $DIRECTORY  of my command available
( can hard code but i am
setting it in the 1st script) to the 2nd script how to pass that... As
the setting is happening before the calling of
shell script2, i just tried like putting  echo "$DIRECTORY" into the 2nd
shell script, which is not working is there
a way to get the functionality.

shellscript1:
#!/bin/sh
---------
---------
---------
DIRECTORY="/sbin/ntp"
---------
---------
/sbin/chkconfig "shellscript2"
---------

shellscript2:
#!/bin/sh
-------
echo "$DIRECTORY"     <------put to see whether getting the value here
or not..

$DIRECTORY   -c ntp.conf          <------if it is so ,  i could use like
this.................

thanks,
srinivas.

--
office ph: 091-40-3607619

2. Comparing ps & svmon output regarding memory usage

3. Passing variables as arguments to commands in a shell script

4. XDM configuration File TimeOut variable

5. How to pass reg exp as command line argument in shell script?

6. Samba problem

7. Execution of SQL Script thru shell script

8. where to put X11 applications

9. How do you pass a value from a shell script into a sqlplus script?

10. Passing a variable between shell script and perl script

11. Passing a variable from a Perl script to a shell script

12. unix shell commands within ftp shell script

13. Script command in shell script program ?