nohup

Post by ogree.. » Mon, 17 Dec 2001 01:29:35

I want to either edit the .profile of a particular user, or edit the
script that executes upon logout of unix (i don't know what this
script is).  My intention is to somehow add a nohup to the environment
such that EVERY process that the user creates, gets executed as a
nohup non-terminating process even after the user logs out.
   The trick here is to not make the user have to enter "nohup
command&" every time.  Just "command&" .
    Thanks in advance.  :)

1. When is NOHUP not NOHUP?

Hello world,

When connecting to remote servers (Solaris/ksh) we set the
environment up for 'nohup' and start our multi-hour job
(redirecting stdout/stderr to a file) in the background.

Should that window 'disappear' (due to network instability)
then the job dies; should we just 'logout' the job keeps
running.

Our understanding is that nohup and redirecting stdout/stderr
and backgrounding should keep the job alive regardless.

Incidentally there is no 'tee' command in the script.

% nohup pt_shell -f ../scripts/m12_master.pt > m12_master.log 2>&1 &

Thanks,
/Ed

2. RedHat 4.1 Video Seven card and Sony GDM 17" for Xwindows

3. nohup xterm doesn't nohup -- why?

4. Riddle Me This...Partitions

5. to nohup or not to nohup - that is the question

6. exploit on checkpoint firewall-1

7. nohup not generating/updating nohup.out from cron

8. Sendmail redirect to another server

9. Nohup doesn't work as I need with ksh on Solaris 2.6

10. nohup.out Error log file - circular files

11. nohup does not work with 'make' on SuSE 7.1

12. Nohup

13. Running to nohup?