How to disable interrupt key strokes???

Post by j.. » Fri, 14 Sep 1990 01:51:54

For some reason, I want to disable any interrupt key stroke like Ctrl C, ESC,
and Ctrl Z. How could I do that by using SHELL or CSHELL command. Any help
appreciated.

Jian Q. Li

How to disable interrupt key strokes???

Post by BURN » Sat, 15 Sep 1990 16:44:25

Quote:> For some reason, I want to disable any interrupt key stroke like Ctrl C, ESC,
> and Ctrl Z. How could I do that by using SHELL or CSHELL command. Any help
> appreciated.

It usually involves giving the stty command for disabling a ctrl-sequence.
It's usually 'stty susp "undel"' (BSD) or 'stty swtch "^-" (SysV) to
disable ^Z, and similarly for the intr (^C) and quit (abort program w/
core dump) interrupt definitions. SysV also allows 'stty -isig' to turn
off interpretation of the control char. (usually ^C) assigned to 'intr',
which has the advantage that you just have to do an 'stty isig' to
re-enable it, instead of remembering what key you assigned to 'intr' and
re-installing the definition. Check your stty man page for exact syntax.
--
BURNS,JIM
Georgia Institute of Technology, Box 30178, Atlanta Georgia, 30332

Post by Guy Harr » Sun, 16 Sep 1990 06:03:20

Quote:>> For some reason, I want to disable any interrupt key stroke like Ctrl C, ESC,
>> and Ctrl Z. How could I do that by using SHELL or CSHELL command. Any help
>> appreciated.

Dunno what ESC is as an interrupt keystroke; unlike ^C (which is often,
although not always, the "intr" character) and ^Z (which is usually the
"susp" character), ESC isn't normally an interrupt keystroke.  It may be
used as a "secondary end-of-line" character by some shells, such as
those that support filename completion, but that's not an interrupt
keystroke.

Quote:>SysV also allows 'stty -isig' to turn off interpretation of the control
>char. (usually ^C) assigned to 'intr',

*And* the ones assigned to "quit", "swtch" - *and* "susp", if your system
has an S5-flavored tty driver and job control.

1. Key Stroke Sequence to get Process Registers and Interrupt Counters????

I learned, and then forgot, the keyboard sequence which dumps the
current process's registers or the interrupt counters. I thought
is was something like CTRL-ALT-PRINTSCREEN but that doesn't do it.

I looked at the FAQ's and HOWTO's but found nothing.

Can someone refresh my memory please?

Thanks,
Ben McCann

--

Proteon, MailStop #21, 9 Technology Drive, Westborough, MA 01581-1799

2. Linux & Novell Setup..Help

3. How to detect key stroke in linux??

4. syslogd question

5. It must be an interesting sequence of key strokes

6. Linux NFS Deamon and CD/ROM mounting

7. Logging key strokes an a tty

8. ISDN problem

9. Stop-A the key stroke take you to OK prompt

10. reading all key strokes

11. Predefined key strokes in Unix ware 2.0

12. Vision Recording key strokes

13. reading all key strokes