Marking misspelled words with a script (csh, sh, perl, whatever)

Marking misspelled words with a script (csh, sh, perl, whatever)

Post by Glen W. Plan » Wed, 03 Apr 1991 02:03:51

I need a script to "mark" misspelled words in a text file.  The script could
use any one of a number of unix utilities, such as awk, c-shell, borne-shell,
or perl.  I would like to pass the script several parameters, such as a file
of "local spellings", and the name of the text file to scan.  All the script
should do is _MARK_ the misspelled words, (for example, by writting back out
something like <<missspelled>> ) and write the text file _back out_ again,
under the same or a different name.

I posted a request similar to this several months ago, but the responses did
not fit my needs for this task.  I will post a summary of the responses I
receive, if I get a sufficient number.

Thanks very much in advance.

Glen Plantz                             Computer Sciences Corporation
                                        4045 Hancock Street

phone - (619)225-2538