Utilities wanted

Utilities wanted

Post by Christoph Adome » Sun, 07 Feb 1993 01:31:37



Hi Shell or Perl-Programmers,

I think it would be a nice idea do make a collection of useful unix
scripts which every unix-user needs daily.

Examples for those scripts are:

-       A log file trimmer that maintains log-files and looks that they don't
        exceed a certain size.

- A program that allows to copy complete directories to other machines
        eg via rcopy

- A small editor frontend that allows to create shell-scripts, automatically
        makes them executable and puts them in a dir where path points to.

- A utility to kill processes by regex

But there are 100eds more ideas.

My Suggestion:
If you have such utilities, mail them to me. I can handle whatever
compression format and I will upload them all in one major package to
major-servers if I get enough response.
Bye
        Christoph

--
Origin: It's not a bug, it's a feature !

 
 
 

Utilities wanted

Post by Mar » Tue, 09 Feb 1993 20:53:05



>-   A log file trimmer that maintains log-files and looks that they don't
>    exceed a certain size.

Check the newsdaily.local script in the dynafeed.admin shar on coombs

Quote:>- A program that allows to copy complete directories to other machines
>    eg via rcopy

look at tarcp or gcp on coombs.anu.edu.au /pub/perl/scripts

Quote:>- A small editor frontend that allows to create shell-scripts, automatically
>    makes them executable and puts them in a dir where path points to.

shell scripts? what are they?

Quote:>- A utility to kill processes by regex

look at proc, zap and zap2 on coombs...

Quote:>But there are 100eds more ideas.

there are 100 more scripts there :)

Quote:>My Suggestion:
>If you have such utilities, mail them to me. I can handle whatever
>compression format and I will upload them all in one major package to
>major-servers if I get enough response.

perl/scripts mark> du
14      ./h2pl
96      ./man
24      ./clones
20      ./convex
3004    .

Hey after a full day updating the damn thing I am allowed to be smug  :)
See the index Im about to post...

Mark


 
 
 

1. makeuser utility wanted

I am looking for a utility that will allow users to make their own accounts
on a Unix BBS by addressing the passwd file and calling "passwd".  If "C"
source, it must be either System III, V7, or 4.2BSD.

I have tried searching with "ftp" to no avail.  Can anyone help?

Steve Scrivano

2. ANNOUNCE: Xaw95 version 0.9

3. Auto X screenlock / console logout utility wanted

4. limiting bandwidth to a IP using linux

5. ufsdump-like utility wanted

6. RH 7.2 & Adaptec 2100S RAID controller

7. Sort Utility Wanted

8. NIS+: Matching null entries

9. C Prototype Creation Utility Wanted

10. postsrcipt utility wanted

11. Binary data file conversion utility wanted

12. C Prototype Creation Utility Wanted

13. Disk Spin Down Utility wanted !