Xon Question

Post by Robert B. Lov » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 01:49:54

How do I open a terminal on another machine, and have it change
directories
to where I want to work?

What I tried was:

xon host xterm -hold -e eval cd /path/Projects

and I always get:

xterm: Can't execvp eval: No such file or directory.

There certainly is that directory and I have rw permissions.

All advice appreicated.

 Bob Love

Xon Question

Post by nos.. » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 02:51:54

Quote:> How do I open a terminal on another machine, and have it change
> directories
> to where I want to work?

> What I tried was:

> xon host xterm -hold -e eval cd /path/Projects

> and I always get:

> xterm: Can't execvp eval: No such file or directory.

> There certainly is that directory and I have rw permissions.

It's complaining that it can't find an executable named eval to
run. The -e option expects to get an executable name after it.

You might try calling a script that does the cd and then execs a
shell:

--- script ---
#!/bin/sh
cd /path/Projects
exec ksh

xon host xterm -e script

1. XON/XOFF Question

        We've got a dumb problem on our system.  We have a Risc System/6000
running AIX, and the modem lines are unusable for anything serious -- see,
whenever the system sends more than a screenful of data (like doing a
"ls /etc" or "info" or running IRC or anything), it comes out as garbage.
Even if you pg something, the last few lines at the bottom of the screen is
junk.
        We know its an XON/XOFF problem, but we can't seem to find a solution
for this problem.  It's very annoying, and IBM really isn't helping --
apparently, our rep is stumped, too.

--
As long as you keep it brief, you may           Just remember, it will be on
"personalize" your signature file. A short    EVERYTHING you send so keep it

2. error itu phase 2

3. Xa.o library? (GCC installation) Oh, please, help!

4. zsh filename completion

5. WP demo says /dev/XON doesn't exist

6. Linux for Wankers?

7. Where is /usr/ccs/lib/values-Xa.o and others in Solaris 2.1 ?

8. RH 7.1, Logitech optical mouse problems

9. xon multiple windows

10. values-Xa.o not exist in solaris2.6 ?

11. Digi Board problems with Xon Xoff

12. Serial Port XON/XOFF problems

13. xon xoff protocol for serial devices