Looking for a free unix shell [research purpose only]

Looking for a free unix shell [research purpose only]

Post by Thomas Baruch » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:36:08

Hi,
I suspect this question has been posted many times.
Many free shells have restrictions; is there an ISP
without restriction (I am a teacher if it can help),
eventually with approval of the administrator
(I can end to him my projetcs). A web space would be
great but it isn't what I am looking for.

Thanks

Looking for a free unix shell [research purpose only]

Post by Bill Marcu » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 01:27:19

Quote:>Hi,
>I suspect this question has been posted many times.
>Many free shells have restrictions; is there an ISP
>without restriction (I am a teacher if it can help),
>eventually with approval of the administrator
>(I can end to him my projetcs). A web space would be
>great but it isn't what I am looking for.

You might find a free shell provider that meets your needs, but perhaps you
should
consider installing Unix or Linux on a PC of your own.

Post by Ben Altma » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 01:55:12

> >Hi,
> >I suspect this question has been posted many times.
> >Many free shells have restrictions; is there an ISP
> >without restriction (I am a teacher if it can help),
> >eventually with approval of the administrator
> >(I can end to him my projetcs). A web space would be
> >great but it isn't what I am looking for.

> You might find a free shell provider that meets your needs, but perhaps
you
> should
> consider installing Unix or Linux on a PC of your own.

Or Cygwin under Windows if you don't want to dedicate a PC to Linux or mess
around with partitioning.

Ben

Looking for a free unix shell [research purpose only]

Post by Thomas Baruch » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 07:05:42

Quote:> You might find a free shell provider that meets your needs, but perhaps you
> should
> consider installing Unix or Linux on a PC of your own.

Not funny at all. My computer is an old 70Mhz, and I need more speed

in order to test some algorithms

Looking for a free unix shell [research purpose only]

Post by Sami » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 15:03:19

Try telnet://sdf.lonestar.org
They provide free shell for $1 :)
HTH, Thanks.
-Samik