HELP - parsing text file as input to script - HELP

HELP - parsing text file as input to script - HELP

Post by GuessW » Thu, 23 Jun 1994 08:32:31

UGH! - I really need a hand

I'd like to write a script (under tcsh or sh) which would read
sequentially each line of a text file, set 2 environment variables,
do an flscmd (from FSP), and finally record in a log-file that either:

a- the server did not respond
b- the server did respond (and record an 'ls' of /)

The env. variables which need to be set for EACH entry in the text file:
(and therefore each loop in the script)

FSP_HOST
FSP_PORT
FSP_DIR (Always equal to /)

The format of EACH line of the text file would be:

HostNickName HostID HostPort

Thanks

1. Copy files using filenames from text files with shell script or bash script

How can I do this????

I have the file "lista.txt", and this file have the next information:
     one.txt
     two.txt
     five.txt
    six.txt
-------------------
This files exist in the same directory that "list.txt", I would like to
copy this files to other directory

Using Windows the batch file would be like this:  for /f "tokens=*" %i
in (list.txt) do copy "%i" destdir\

How can I do something like that in REDHAT??

Best Regards

2. Linksys EtherPCI compatible?

3. Help W/Unix Shell Script - File Splitting Based on Text String

4. File extention refrence desired

5. Help Me have this Script read from a text file!!

6. Any chance for Linux to use an MDP7800-U PCI Modem

7. Script to extract portions of text from a text file

8. tn3270 binaries and MCC w/ 0.99.13 kernel

9. shell script, text parse.

10. Parsing input from a file

11. Serving text/x-server-parsed-html not text/html

12. Parse an input file using a Key value

13. parsing a 'flexible' text file with SED: i'm in over my head ....