Nohup question

Post by Vincent Mathie » Fri, 13 Jun 1997 04:00:00

When you start an unix command with nohup, the resulting process starts
with your tty (ps -ft <My tty>), then '?' after you've logged out.

How can I start a process with an already '?' in the tty column of a ps
command instead of my tty (without exit or logout of course...) ?

Thanks to answer me quickly.
Any answers will be welcomed.

Vincent

1. nohup question

I wish to use nohup to generate a numerical database. So nohup is the
choice. Like this:
        nohup myprogram > nohup.out 2>&1 &
When I logout and login again to check, myprogram is not running
there.

Any one had similiar experience? It seems that nohup is not working as
intended.

Jinsong Zhao

2. Restricting user access?

3. Nohup Question

4. how to add a email account without linux account ?

5. Nohup question

6. Reinstallation of StarOffice.

7. nohup question...

8. Help! - pts device problem