Help With Bash

Post by Jerry Alexandrat » Tue, 31 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Is there any way to keep track of a list of people that log on and off a
system similar to tcsh's "set watch" command under bash?

Thanks in advance...

        --Jerry

--
8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8

1. Help with .bash files

Hi

        First of all, I want to say how happy I am with linux.
I have been using and maintaining Sparcs for a few years now, and
I had bought a 486 last summer, hoping to be able to have
unix, and a windowing system for it. I was betting
on things like SCO, and Solaris, when I heard of Linux. (Thanks Ed).
So I installed SLS ( I am quite impressed with the whole
distribution set. It is easier than suninstall...:-) .

So, I am the proud user of a linux PC, running X11 in
800x600 mode. I read the FAQ, and I still have two questions.
One of them is about Xterm. I am running bash. When I go
into X, all my xterms ignore the .bashrc, or .bash_profile
or .profile files. Does anyone know why?
One way I got around it was to use /bin/bash -login, and
then it reads .bash_profile. However, once I read my
dot file, I can't successfully type xterm anymore, I get the following
error:
xterm: unable to find usable termcap entry.

still, xterm from the twm menu works.

So what am I doing wrong?

Second problem is that my clocks on my "infamous" Diamond
card is not found until I run DOS, MSWindows in 800x600 first.
Then I do a soft reboot, get into linux. At this point, ttyS0 is not recognize
and I lose the mouse, so I have to shutdown, and use my "reset"
button, restart linux (without shutting off the computer), and now
I am ready for fun and games with X11 in 800x600 mode.

Well, all and all, I consider I have a working system.
Still, I would love to fix these little problems.

While I am at it, does anyone konw where xterm.1 is located
in the SLS release? I can't find it in /usr/man/cat1, or man1.

Feel free to e-mail any ideas/suggestions that could help me,
I will be glad to post a summary.

        =:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:
                        VIVE LINUX!!!!!!

2. Crack 5.0 Install

3. need help learning Bash...

4. Patchy Ethernet Connection

5. help with bash functions Unix

6. Hardware porting

7. Help with bash scripts

8. right-arrow mouse pointer

9. Help with bash tab completion?

10. HELP: Compiling bash 1.14.4

11. help: a bash script to launch x-win and then do someting in x-win

12. Help with bash / perl5 script

13. help with Bash please....