Behavior of // in SED

Post by Paolo Bonzi » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:32:11

Some (including BSD) make it equivalent to the last
matched regexp, some (including GNU) make it
equivalent to the last *compiled* regexp.  What's
the right behavior?

Paolo Bonzini

--
Posted from relay3.inwind.it [212.141.53.74]

1. sed sed sed

On solaris 9 - why are there multiple copies of sed installed.  One in /usr/ucb
owned by the SUNWscpu third party package, /usr/xpg4/bin/sed by SUNWxcu4, and
one in /usr/bin owned by SUNWcsu.  I've looked on other Sun machines not
maintained by me and the same versions of sed are in the same place owned by the
same packages.

Why the multiple copies?

2. help with some module errors at bootup...

3. . 2 sed FAQs, sed exes, sed cetras; URLs

4. How to get home system name for rlogin session

5. SED SED SED...

6. UNIX concordance programs

7. (sed 1q ; sed 2q) : no output from 2nd 'sed'

8. Problem rpm -Fvh ncurses-*...

9. awk & sed+ strange behaviour !!!!

10. strange sed behaviour

11. : Weird ">" redirect behavior vs. ">>" redirect behavior

12. . sed script dc greg ubben sed stud

13. to all sed hackers - joining lines with sed