mail forwarding problem with ".forward" file

mail forwarding problem with ".forward" file

Post by Benn » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I have a question about adding the ".forward" file in my unix user
directory.

I 'd like all incoming mails forwarded to another address temporarily whilst
I am away but I also want the machine to keep a copy of it for reference
when I return. Does anyone know how to do this? Normally I just put the
forwarding email address in the .forward file but it won't keep a copy of
it.

Thanks.

---
Benny K C Lo
PhD Candidate
Cancer Research Laboratories
University of Nottingham
Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK

Post by Barry Margoli » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

>I have a question about adding the ".forward" file in my unix user
>directory.

>I 'd like all incoming mails forwarded to another address temporarily whilst
>I am away but I also want the machine to keep a copy of it for reference
>when I return. Does anyone know how to do this? Normally I just put the
>forwarding email address in the .forward file but it won't keep a copy of
>it.

I'll bet this is in the FAQ.  Use:

--

Genuity, Burlington, MA

mail forwarding problem with ".forward" file

Post by kevin_coll.. » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:01:42

Make your .forward file forward to 2 accounts, your local and remote -
its smart enough not to loop when its forwarding to itself.
Your .forward file will look like this:

Kevin

> I have a question about adding the ".forward" file in my unix user
> directory.

> I 'd like all incoming mails forwarded to another address temporarily
whilst
> I am away but I also want the machine to keep a copy of it for
reference
> when I return. Does anyone know how to do this? Normally I just put
the
> forwarding email address in the .forward file but it won't keep a
copy of
> it.

> Thanks.

> ---
> Benny K C Lo
> PhD Candidate
> Cancer Research Laboratories
> University of Nottingham
> Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Peter Sundstro » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:46:23

> >I have a question about adding the ".forward" file in my unix user
> >directory.

> >I 'd like all incoming mails forwarded to another address temporarily
whilst
> >I am away but I also want the machine to keep a copy of it for reference
> >when I return. Does anyone know how to do this? Normally I just put the
> >forwarding email address in the .forward file but it won't keep a copy of
> >it.

> I'll bet this is in the FAQ.  Use:

In fact, it is in the forward(1) man page (on Solaris at least).