I got different result.

Post by Jun » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:20:13

I wrote server and client program like these:

#!/bin/sh

echo "There are `who | wc -l` users on this system."

client program:
    #!bin/sh

if [ $# = 1 ]
then
    echo "You need one argument : file "
    exit 1
fi

cmd=$0
filename=$1

while read -r address
do
   array[0]=$address
   telnet $address 80 | myserver
done < $1

also, the hostaddress.txt is
www.yahoo.ca
www.cbc.ca
www.sasktel.com
www.shaw.ca
www.google.ca
www.hotmail.com
www.futureshop.ca
ca.msn.com
www.ebay.ca
www.expedia.ca
www.zdnet.com
www.cnn.com

after I executed the client program,
I got this result each hostaddress.

array[0]=www.yahoo.ca
"There are 2 users on this system

what was wrong?

I got different result.

Post by Barry Margoli » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 02:55:00

>I wrote server and client program like these:

>#!/bin/sh

>echo "There are `who | wc -l` users on this system."

>client program:
>    #!bin/sh

>if [ $# = 1 ]
>then
>    echo "You need one argument : file "
>    exit 1
>fi

>cmd=$0
>filename=$1

>while read -r address
>do
>   array[0]=$address
>   telnet $address 80 | myserver
>done < $1

>also, the hostaddress.txt is
>www.yahoo.ca
>www.cbc.ca
>www.sasktel.com
>www.shaw.ca
>www.google.ca
>www.hotmail.com
>www.futureshop.ca
>ca.msn.com
>www.ebay.ca
>www.expedia.ca
>www.zdnet.com
>www.cnn.com

>after I executed the client program,
>I got this result each hostaddress.

>array[0]=www.yahoo.ca
>"There are 2 users on this system

>what was wrong?

Your server program doesn't read anything from its standard input, so
piping the output of "telnet $address 80" doesn't change how it behaves.
It just runs on the local machine and displays information about who is
logged in here.

You've been asking variations of the same question for several days.
Haven't we told you several times that there's no way to ask a web server
how many users are logged into it?

I'm copying this to your email because sometimes it seems like you're not
seeing the replies that have been posted in the other threads you started.

--

Genuity Managed Services, a Level(3) Company, Woburn, MA

I got different result.

Post by Ben » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 03:37:43

> after I executed the client program,
> I got this result each hostaddress.

> array[0]=www.yahoo.ca
> "There are 2 users on this system

> what was wrong?

Why don't you try it on the command line for one of the sites (without
the pipe to your server script) and see what gets output. Maybe then you
will figure out the wrong assumption you are basing it on?

regards,
Ben

1. diff -r return different results on different runs using DMA

I experience some errors on DMA transferts (write but also read) that
do not happen when I switch DMA off (hdparm -d 0)

I copy a whole CDROM on a partition of my disk /dev/hdb3 using tar

cd /mnt/cdrom;tar cf - . | (cd /mnt/hdb3;tar xvf -)
then I copy again the content of /dev/hdb3 on /dev/hdg3
cd /mnt/hdb3;tar cf - . | (cd /mnt/hdg3;tar xvf -)

then I run a diff -r /mnt/hdb3 /mnt/mdg3
and I find many differences. The differences are real, because od -x
confirm them. Generally it's just one byte in each file concerned
(different)

The same diff -r run many times gives differents results. In fact the
number of differences tends to increase every time.

This is also true in a diff -r between /mnt/cdrom and /mnt/hdb3

My mother board is a Abit KG7 Raid with an AMD 761/VIA 686 Chipset.
My PCU is a duron 1200 MHz running on a 100MHz front bus clock.
I use both the primary IDE controllers and the HPT 37x ones (1 disk on
each)
I have 2 128MB DDR RAMs I tested successfully with memtest one night
long.
So both my L2 cache and memory seems to be ok.
My disks also because everything works fine without DMA.

I tried the test with kernels 2.6.0, 2.4.23 and the 2.4.20-8 comming
with the redhat 9 and a redhat 9 fresh install. I also try it with a
debian-woody and a 2.2.x kernel, same result. Same thing with a
knoopix 3.3
Same thing with both ext2 and ext3 file system. I tried the test on
every disk (I have 4)... same same.

Is anybody would have experienced this kind of problem ?
IS there any tools that can provide a revelant test of ultra DMA ?

any advice is welcome, I'm ready to change my board ;-)

2. Error:YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not Bound...

3. Different winmanagers - different results (motif)

4. INFO

5. Same command, same os, different machines, different results

6. Apache 1.3.22 start problem

7. different browser produces different result

8. Printing graphics on old Epson FX-80?

9. C++ code bug: different result under Solaris and Linux???

10. Urgent: "lpc stat" and "lpc stat lj02" gives different result

11. find exhibits different results on bash

12. Different ping results

13. Different results from "ls" command