scripting change password

Post by Kerr » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I need to write a script which will change a user's UNIX
pwd. Using passwd prompts the user for old, new, and
confirm new password.  Is there anyway my script can
provide the responses to these and override going out to
the command line for the responses.  Thanks in advance!
Kerry

scripting change password

Post by Stephen Klasse » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

man expect

> I need to write a script which will change a user's UNIX
> pwd. Using passwd prompts the user for old, new, and
> confirm new password.  Is there anyway my script can
> provide the responses to these and override going out to
> the command line for the responses.  Thanks in advance!
> Kerry

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

1. Changing passwords from a sh scripts (or csh script)

Does anyone out there have experience with changing passwords from a
script by using redirection (or some other means)?  Please respond to
this newsgroup as well as:

Any and all comments/suggestions are welcome!

Cheers,

Rich Obrecht

FAX: 303 791 1051
PHONE: 303 470 2532

2. need help installing gcc

3. Changing the password from within a script

4. Apple Alternative to GCC?

5. Adding users and changing passwords (in scripts)

6. NT masqed through Linux not resolving names

7. Automatically change user passwords from script

8. Is the Toshiba T1910 supported?

9. Changing passwords in Scripts

10. Changing password via script

11. is there a perl script to change user's password in web?

12. password change from script

13. Script to change root passwords