Can someone suggest ?

Post by Sivakumar Kandara » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello people,

        I would like learn more about Unix shell scripting .. Can some one suggest me good site to learn?

Can someone suggest ?

Post by Heiner Steve » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

> Hello people,

>         I would like learn more about Unix shell scripting .. Can some one suggest me good site to learn?

Have a look at the SHELLdorado:

        http://www.oase-shareware.org/shell/

Heiner
--
 ___ _

\__ \  _/ -_) V / -_) ' \    UNIX Shell Script Programmers: visit
|___/\__\___|\_/\___|_||_|   http://www.oase-shareware.org/shell/

1. could someone suggest a window manager for me?

I am currently using KDE, which I really like, but it is a memory hog.
I have 64 MB and if I do a fresh boot and then start X and KDE, my
memory is completely full.  I can start X with fvwm2 and then StarOffice
and still have about 15-20 meg free.  This is ok, but I really don't
like fvwm2.  I would like to find something where I am not forced to
have more that one virtual desktop.  If someone could tell me how to
turn that feature off in fvwm2 that would be a big help.  I never use
more than one desktop (I just minimize everything), and the placement of
the desktop selector in fvwm2 is very inconvenient because  it cover up
my scrollbars when I have a window maximized.  If anyone could suggest a
good window manager and where to get it, or tell me how to customize
fvwm2, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Eric

2. cc -g question

3. Someone suggested a mascot for MS. I just couldn't resist...

4. linux ppp server

5. Tried ldd <program> as someone suggested

6. Trying to install/configure Comtrol RocketPort on Linux 9

7. can someone suggest a network hub?

8. create anonymous ftp.

9. Could someone suggest a real nice looking filemanager..

10. It's not bad canned meat...

11. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

12. CGI: apache canned response