tcsh with ansi graphics

Post by Ray K » Thu, 14 Feb 1991 07:14:57

Is there a version of tcsh that has support for ansi graphics?
I would like to use tcsh instead of csh but it would be nice
to have ansi color prompts (although not absolutely necessary).
Thanks in advance.

--
          Raymond W.M. Kan             |

tcsh with ansi graphics

Post by Christos S. Zoul » Thu, 14 Feb 1991 11:08:23

>Is there a version of tcsh that has support for ansi graphics?
>I would like to use tcsh instead of csh but it would be nice
>to have ansi color prompts (although not absolutely necessary).
>Thanks in advance.

Tcsh 5.20.02 has support for escape sequences in the prompt via:

%{\e...%}

[tcsh is available from tesla.ee.cornell.edu: 128.84.253.11]

christos
| Christos Zoulas         | 389 Theory Center, Electrical Engineering,   |

1. ANSI Graphics & TCSH/BSD

I use an (IBM/COLOR) compatible terminal that allows color and such. I
have a text file in my home directory that had a sample of all the ANSI
escape codes. When I "cat" the file it turns out great, color, italics
and stuff. Is there a way to get these escape code into a prompt, or into
a shell script. I have a menu script that makes my UNIX account look like
a local BBS, it's neet, but no color :(

I am using echo to print lines right now and would like to get color in it.

Anyway, and help (or point me to the right FAQ) would be appreciated, I
would post my menu script so others can see it, play with it.. :)

I am on a BSD 4.3, and I use TCSH. I could change shells if necesary, but
I like the editing TCSH offers.

--

2. DHCP Server with BOOTP Clients

3. tcsh prompt with ANSI colors

4. Install Linux as a DOS Directory

5. csh/tcsh & ANSI colors

6. Help on ppp connect

7. Using ANSI color escape sequences in tcsh

8. Why does this command kill my machine?

9. SEYON & ANSI-BBS graphics

10. Ansi chracter graphic.

11. Getting Xterm to understand IBM ANSI graphic characters?

12. BBS ANSI Graphics and telnet?

13. ANSI GRAPHICS