GNU/Bash i18n?

Post by David Shurgol » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello

        I am needing some help on how to use i18n and l10n in bash scripts. I
have read over the bash manual which refers to how to make strings local
$"text", but that is all it offers. I've also gone through the gettext
manual but it only seems to be used for C and C++ languages. If someone
could point me to some info on the web or give me some hints on how to
change the text of the string it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
David Shurgold

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. UltraSparc Driven box (What can I do with it)

3. gnu emacs text editor and gnu bash shell for sco5

4. Election time

5. multi-line patterns in gnu-sed / gnu-bash - how to escape that `0 sequence?

6. Use wheel with Netscape 4.77.

7. Linux bash vs. GNU bash

8. X Video has streaks in it

9. bash and GNU bash

10. Bashing bash (Was Re: bash or user error with set -e and subshells)

11. Bash calls TCL, TCL calls Bash, 2nd Bash never reads input

12. GNU BASH with Interactive 2.2 Job Control

13. GNU Bash for Solaris 2.7 - Help ?