Scripts for automatic action with Openview NNM

Scripts for automatic action with Openview NNM

Post by Lane » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello all,

I have a problem I'm very frustrated with and hope someone
out there can help me out.

I'm running Network Node Mgr 6.1 (Openview) on HP-UX 11.0

I have Cisco routers in my network. When these routers have
a frame-relay problem an async1 interface comes up.

There is a Cisco_Link_Up trap that gets issued every time
an interface (Ethernet, Serial, Async1 comes up. I am
trying to write a script that will process only the async1
interfaces and send me an email via sendmail.

The problem is I can't seem to find out what the variables
are in the Cisco_Link_Up trap.

I've been trying to come up with a script that will give me
all the variables and their positions..ie $1 $2 etc.

How do you write a script when you can't get the variable!

By the way I'm using POSIX
Anybody got any stuff to help me out...Thanks

Signed: Frustrated Unix newbie