Change of shell interpreter

Post by Marco Mapell » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:48:58

Hello all,

How do I change the interpreter of my shell script ?
Is iy sufficient to specify "bash" rather than "sh" before the script
when launching it ?

Thanks

Change of shell interpreter

Post by Dave Granti » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 09:19:28

On Tue, 01 Jan 2002 18:48:58 GMT, "Marco Mapelli"

> Hello all,

> How do I change the interpreter of my shell script ?
> Is iy sufficient to specify "bash" rather than "sh" before the script
> when launching it ?

Another possibility to specifying the bang line (#!/usr/bin/ksh):
$ bash myscript
$ ksh myscript
$ sh myscript
$ tcsh myscript

etc.

Dave

+-----------------------+-----------------+-----------+

+-----------------------+-----------------+-----------+

1. Which shell interpreter has priority: The declared, the current or calling?

Imagine I have the three shells csh, ksh and bash.
Currently I am working under shell a and call from the command line
a script with shebang "#!/bin/b" by shell c

e.g.:

csh>ksh myscript.sh

where myscript.sh starts

#!/usr/local/bin/bash

By which shell/script interpreter is the script executed?

Matt

2. Ever heard of a Helios with UNIPLUS SysV.1.1r2

3. shell command interpreter in C

4. Problems with FAT32

5. Unix shell interpreter for PC/DOS

6. Flinch Link Checker 1.0.0 released

7. Shell command interpreter using C ?!

8. ImageMagick 5.x for Solaris 2.5.1

9. unix shell to replace win95 command interpreter?

10. Release Notice: Bywater BASIC Interpreter/Shell v1.10 in ANSI C

11. How to change default Interpreter

12. shell interpreter

13. HELP !!! Interpreter from Born Shell to PERL