locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

Post by Bulent Sarin » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:48:42

Hi,

How to fix this? or where to look for tips & tricks:

Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
Failed to open input method

I also get strange codes in Emacs like \370 when I try to push "?""?""?"
i.e. the norwegian letters
my LC_CTYPE is set to no,  works fine in xterm but not in emacs

thanx in advance
- Bulent

1. current locale is not supported in X11, locale is set to CX

  Hi,

   A bit of a newbie question I guess but I couldn't find anything
related in the mail achives. I've just installed the
/usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14 port which seemed to go
smoothly but when I try to run a simple Java program I get
this error message (below).

current locale is not supported in X11, locale is set to CX locale modifiers
are not supported, using defaultException in thread "main"
java.lang.NullPointe
rException
        at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(ImageIcon.java:138)
        at StadiumDesigner.createImageIcon(StadiumDesigner.java:268)
        at StadiumDesigner.addToggleButtons(StadiumDesigner.java:353)
        at StadiumDesigner.init(StadiumDesigner.java:123)
        at StadiumDesigner.main(StadiumDesigner.java:164)

     Everything else seems to work fine with X and I'm not sure how
(or what) to fix. Any help is appreciated.

     TIA

  Ken

2. Video conference Linux and Mac?

3. X error: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged

4. Are "Tux" sales > Linux distro sales?

5. locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged (What does it mean?)

6. Diamond Stealth 32 and XF86_W32 - Not quite there

7. Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged

8. Installing GCC++ 2.7.2 on 2.1.5

9. locale not supported by Xlib

10. locale not supported by xlib

11. locales not supported by Xlib