Tape backup from another system

Post by Mikael » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 02:17:51

Would it be possible to use a 4 mm tape backup station attached to another
RS6000 without moving the unit? I mean can I do a backup directly to the
tape without first saving it locally and then using ftp to move it? The RS
machines are on the same network. I got several machines and some can't even
be attached with the same cabling. On some machines it may even be
impossible to temporarily store a backup in addition to the system itself. I
want a simple solution but that could mean that I need to buy one tape
station for each RS....

Mikael Ahlgren

Tape backup from another system

Post by Anthony Johnso » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 05:52:47

Try Storix Backup Administrator for AIX. It can centrally administer all the
backups and still let you backup from any client system to any otehr client
system, do network boots and installs, even from remote tape. Go to
http://www.storix.com for a free 30-day evaluation.