Printing problems

Post by Jose » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:14:44

Hello.
I use a hp deskjet 670c on my 7043-140.The driver that i use is for hp
laserjet 3, but when i print from netscape, for example,  it only print
postcript format.
Do you know how i can resolve this?

Thanks.

Printing problems

Post by Brett Gee » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:06:10

netscape only prints to a ps file, you will have to make a custom back
end and call ghostscript to render it to pcl before sending it on to your
printer

brett

Quote:> Hello.
> I use a hp deskjet 670c on my 7043-140.The driver that i use is for hp
> laserjet 3, but when i print from netscape, for example,  it only print
> postcript format.
> Do you know how i can resolve this?
> Thanks.

Printing problems

Post by Jose » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:32:02

And Where i can find ghostscript and a script to do it ?
Thanks in advance.

Quote:> netscape only prints to a ps file, you will have to make a custom back
> end and call ghostscript to render it to pcl before sending it on to your
> printer

> brett

> > Hello.
> > I use a hp deskjet 670c on my 7043-140.The driver that i use is for hp
> > laserjet 3, but when i print from netscape, for example,  it only print
> > postcript format.
> > Do you know how i can resolve this?
> > Thanks.

1. Solaris 2.7 Print then No Print Problem

Server Configuration: Sun UltraSPARC-10, 300MHz UltraSPARC processor, with
256MB of RAM running Sun Solaris 2.7

I've been struggling with a, for me, perplexing problem in getting a cgi to
compile and work.  Note that this
software has been working under SUN 2.5 and 2.6.

The program uses a number of i/o functions, including lseek, open, close,
read, printf, fprintf, fwrite, and fgetc, as well as mSQL database
functions.  The problem is that the printf works initially, but then later
stops working; albeit without error.

I've stepped through the code with gdb and see nothing unusual.

Although I wouldn't doubt that there could well be a program problem on my
part, I don't see it.

The program flow is as follows.  Please note that while the program is
substantial in size, the process flow is exactly as shown; hence 99% of the
program doesn't execute prior to the difficulty.  The difficulty remains
consistent whether run from the prompt or as a database maintenance utility
in which HTML is parsed and written back to the server.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
. . .

int main()
{
    initialization();
    .  .  .

void initialization()
{
    llist entries;
    printf("before");
    cgiHTMLStatus = read_cgi_input(&entries);
    formActionString = cgi_val(entries, "formAction");
    printf("after");

    . . .

The second print statement doesn't appear!  the read_input_entries(...) is
http://www.eekim.com's cgihtml which is heavily used.  However, thinking
that it might be somehow connected with his code, I replaced
it with a version of my own and got exactly the same result - no printf
"after" output to stdout.

All software and libraries have been compiled on the same 2.7 system.

I have a hunch that somehow I have some incompatible headers or libraries in
the mix, but my checking has thusfar ruled that out.

I've tried lots of combinations in an effort to isolate the point where it
fails, but every combination has worked except for the combination I need to
produce the required functionality.  For instance, I have tried making a
program which contains all the same headers, but only the logic which is
exercised prior to the problem.  It worked!

I have several more things to try, but thought while I was trying them, I'd
check to see whether anyone was having any similar problems.  Any thoughts,
suggestions, clues, etc., would be appreciated.

--
Regards,

Phil Welch

2. Enlightenment Update - failed dependencies

3. Printing problems- Can't print plain ascii

4. MD5 Library

5. printing problems: printer resets but no print

6. ISDN Router Oopses

7. Printing problems on a Solaris 8 print server

8. SAIR Linux & GNU Are They Gone

9. Printing Problem - No Print

10. print problem, blank page printing

11. HP Printing Problem & Printing.HOWTO can't help!!!

12. Printing problem (Not printing first line) Help!

13. Printing Problem: Stair-Stepping when printing text