Network File System for a PS/2

Post by M. Gant » Sat, 12 Jan 1991 07:15:35

I am attempting to install NFS on a PS/2, after performing all the normal
installation procedures the system still won't allow remote mounting.

The problem is the nfs deamon will not run.  When executed (i.e. nfsd 3)
the system returns the error message:
    "Variables missing from name list"

The system is a PS/2 running AIX version 1.2.

After paging through the AIX manuals, I still at a loss.  Does anyone
out in netland have any ideas where to look next?

Post by Jack F. Vog » Sun, 13 Jan 1991 20:59:15

>I am attempting to install NFS on a PS/2, after performing all the normal
>installation procedures the system still won't allow remote mounting.
>The problem is the nfs deamon will not run.  When executed (i.e. nfsd 3)
>the system returns the error message:
>    "Variables missing from name list"

Just a guess here, but did you go through a kernel rebuild and reboot??
If you had a system without NFS and then want to install it NFS server
code should be added to the kernel. The fact that the error mentions something
missing from the "name list" makes me wonder.

Disclaimer: I do not speak for the company!

--

AIX370 Technical Support               - or -

Post by Richard L. Pettit J » Tue, 15 Jan 1991 23:20:31

>installation procedures the system still won't allow remote mounting.
>    "Variables missing from name list"

cd /etc/lpp
qproc -i nfs
sync ; sync ; sync
reboot
----
              Richard Pettit                       Locus Computing Corp.

        "Opinions expressed herein are of the author, not (LCC or IBM)"

1. Enhanced Filing system - file system like DEC Advanced File system for Linux

    Some time ago I was involved in discussion on this news group regarding the
design of a new file system for Linux.  The main aim is to support dynamic size
changing by adding/removing partitions from the file system at run time without
interrupting processes that are using the file system.  Another major feature is
logging so that a system crash or power failure can be recovered from without
data loss or an excessive amount of time spent running FSCK.

  This project is now going ahead, if you are interested then please load up the
following URL: http://www.virtual.net.au/~rjc/enh-fs.html

Russell Coker

2. Stop Usenet Censorship and Totalitarianism 7272266561

3. want ps file that prints ps file then exits gs

4. hot to make a bootable cdrom?

5. "Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"

6. Lost my Color on SETUP menu

7. AIX 1.2 (on a PS/2 system) file wanted

8. Possible to mount a initrd.img file directly (w/o gunzipping first) ?

9. Which part of the printing system controls the creation of .ps files?

10. 1 * THKRJICLD-lp printing: Submitting ps file to network printers

11. How to print PS file in a non-PS printer?

12. lp printing: Submitting ps file to network printers

13. adobe .ps vs .pdf files confusion: problems reading ".ps" documentation on redhat 5.2 linux