Changing rootvg's PP size

Post by Jay Harriso » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

How do I change the size of PP's in rootvg.  Here is the scenario:

1) I have two 1GB drives is rootvg on a system running 3.2.5.1
2) I want to add two 4.5GB drives.
3) I then want to remove the two 1GB drives.

The question is how do I get around the 1016 LP limitation?

Any suggestions/help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.
--

Should you have any question, please feel free to call. Thank-you.

Jay Harrison            | The opinions expressed here are solely my
Technical Analyst       | own and in no way reflect any opinions or
Systems Xcellence       | policies of my employer.

Changing rootvg's PP size

Post by Jack Gos » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>How do I change the size of PP's in rootvg.  Here is the scenario:

>1) I have two 1GB drives is rootvg on a system running 3.2.5.1
>2) I want to add two 4.5GB drives.
>3) I then want to remove the two 1GB drives.

There is a faxback document on this, but here is the general idea.

There is a file called /usr/lpp/bosinst/bosrvg (I think) that is the
script used by mksysb during the restore. This is what sets the page
size for rootvg. You can modify the script increase the page size to
something you can use. Then run mkfszie and edit /.fs.size to reflect
your new page size. Its set up for 4mb pages, adjust the file system
sizes down according to whatever you use for your new page size. Then run
mksysb (be careful not to cream .fs.size). Pull out your 1gb drives,
install your new drives and restore the tape.

If you have the slightest doubt about this procedure, try to get the
faxback document.

--

Post by Jochen Dieh » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> How do I change the size of PP's in rootvg.  Here is the scenario:

Get an evaluation copy of the Sysbackup/6000 Program from IBM (I think
it is on one of the ftp-servers) and do a backup and restore. I think it
is a great tool, inspite of the problems it has with database files.

Jochen