Problems with /dev/console and pty. Please Help Us !

Problems with /dev/console and pty. Please Help Us !

Post by Wick » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

i have some very strange errors. During reboot the system notify "
couldn't open console" and i can not see any system messages on this
small window ( if you know what i mean ). If i try to connect throug
telnet i get only "telnetd: All network ports in use". So whats'
wrong? i mean i have testet the hardware with standart test programms
and it seen to be allright. Could help if i restore all files in /dev
from tape ? Please help me. All Students (include me ) use this
machine for e-mail.

Wicky