xldb: shr4.o not found

Post by Doug Barto » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I recall a message recently regarding xldb having problems finding the
shr4.o member of a library, but I cannot recall having seen a fix for this
problem.

I get the error:

xldb: Unable to find member shr4.o of /usr/lib/libiconv.a.xldb: \
Unexpected error: reading symbol table for /usr/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o).

when trying to run xldb.

any ideas on how to fix this?  There was a mention of istalling patches.
What patches and where can I find them?  The AIX machine I am using is
weeks old and running 4.3.1 as installed by the supplier.

cheers,

Douglas Barton, Software Engineer, DASCOM Australia Pty Ltd

97 CBR900RR ***** VTr250 "QuarterStorm" ***** Live to RRide