Removing an SP Switch - Documentation needed

Removing an SP Switch - Documentation needed

Post by des10 » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

For a variety of reasons we have decided to remove the SP Switch from
our SP system.

I am trying to plan this work but I cannot find any definate articles
on how to proceed.  Surely we can't be the first people to attempt this?

All I am trying to check is:
1) if I delete/recreate the Frame object from the SDR and then re-
initialise the SDR will I have to re-enter all the information about
the nodes again?  Will any info (such as Additional Adapters or Volume
Groups) survive?
2) exactly how disruption this action will be - how many
reboots/customises will the nodes require.

All help (and comments) will be gratefully received.
Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

   The subject pretty much says it all.  How do I map a tab to three
spaces?  On SunOS 4.1.3, vi says "Too dangerous to map that" when I do a
':map tab "   "'.
--
Russell Mosemann     Concordia College      Voice: (402) 643-7445
Computing Center     Seward, NE 68434       Fax:   (402) 643-4073

2. Next Major Version of Solaris (9)?

3. SP switch table question

4. GNU Zip Compressed files

5. ? What is your SP switch setting ?

6. limit on ping?

7. tcpdump and aix and SP switch interface

8. x86 disk format interchangeable with Sparc Solaris?

9. Getting SP switch statistics from kernel.

10. SP Switch problem

11. netstat, SP switch, LAPI/KLAPI

12. Storix - SP switch backups

13. Oracle traffic & the SP switch