system resource controller

Post by Mike N » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I want to add a background process as a system resource controller. I have
no enough material to read. Anyone can give me some example.
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Mike Ng

*** go to www.redbooks.ibm.com and look for "writing reliable daemons in aix"
--
Norman Levin

1. System resource controller

Hi

I have a couple of SP-Nodes (32) and saw this morning curious things:

The sendmail daemon is running on all nodes but no user can send some
mail.
I try restart the daemon with stopsrc -s sendmail and startsrc -s
sendmail but the daemon cannot be started. Now I start the daemon manual
with
/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd q30m and then the daemon seems to run,
but a ps -ef | grep send show me that the process has the 1 as
parent-process.
After many trials and reading manuals I start the daemon with
startsrc -s sendmail -a "-bd q30m" and the thing runs with a correct
parent (srcmstr)

What the hell is going on ?  Cannot understand, why src cannot start the
daemon with the normal command syntax?

Thanks in advance
F. Neyer

2. Where does "somewhere!..." come from ?

3. System Resource Controller (SRC) probelm

4. Howto Move Complete Linux Installation to another HD ?

5. Monitoring TCP/IP daemonns and system resources on Linux systems via snmp

6. USB 2.0 device assigned as USB 1.1

7. How to trigger a script after a Resource Group or Resource startup in SUN Cluster?

8. ??sending email from within a bash script

9. 1288-228: (S) System resource has been exhausted ...

10. Strange system behaviour - vhand consuming all sys resource

11. Is there any API for monitoring system resources(CPU utilization, free memory....)?

12. Get information about system resources.

13. Get limits of system resources