knock off Header page on virtual printer

knock off Header page on virtual printer

Post by sysadmi » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I can't seem to find the attribute for the chvirprt cmd; so I did:
224 joe /u/joe>lsvirprt -q pcl0 -d lp0 |grep eader
sh      Pipeline for Header Page                             %Ide/pioburst
%F[H
sw      Width of Attribute Value Area On Header Page (0      78

TIA :(

knock off Header page on virtual printer

Post by LAIX Software Consultin » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Header pages can be generated in several ways:

1) /etc/qconfig has "header = always" and the queue generates a
    header by default.

2) The lpr command is used - which generates a header by default.

3) The virtaul printer attribute _B isn't _B=nn  (no header, no trailer)
    (ie _B=an  means always a header, never a trailer)

To get rid of a header, check the above 3 things.  To make a queue
completely incapable of generating a header even if one is requested,
blank out the sh attribute using chvirprt or lsvirprt.

Regards,
Paul

> I can't seem to find the attribute for the chvirprt cmd; so I did:
> 224 joe /u/joe>lsvirprt -q pcl0 -d lp0 |grep eader
> sh      Pipeline for Header Page                             %Ide/pioburst
> %F[H
> sw      Width of Attribute Value Area On Header Page (0      78

> TIA :(

1. Shutting off header pages to printer ...

Some user programs such as cadre teamwork do not appear to
have a way to turn off header pages.  Is there a way to set
up the printer NEVER to print out header pages.

I have the following in /etc/qconfig on the server

IIIsi:

        header = never
        trailer = never
        backend = /usr/lpp/x_st_mgr/bin/lpx birch

is the header=never supposed to shut off the header?
It doesn't seem to be.

This is a real pain for programs like teamwork which dump
lots of single page jobs to the printer.  The users just end
up sorting through and tossing every other page.

joel

2. cc Error - Cannot link omf and coff libraries - Haalp

3. Netscape printer fonts, page headers & footers

4. Whats the difference between "relocatable" and "executable"?

5. Header page on printer

6. Trying linux, does if format FAT32? should i leave dos or pure linux?

7. Knock off the FreeBSD vs Linux bullshit.

8. Samba Problem

9. ==>LILO knocks modem off hook????

10. Notifying and knocking off Samba clients

11. dnet driver for knock off tulip cards

12. Can't remove header page from lpd printer and AIX

13. How do you make SCO unix knock a user off after 20 minutes of inactivity?