how to play music from CD

Post by Perelet Ol » Fri, 31 Jan 1992 18:08:38

I have RS6000 sitting in my office. I usually use it
for 3D rendering and don't know a lot about it.
It has CD reader. So my question is how to play
music CD's on it. I have AIX 3.2.
Thanks a lot.

how to play music from CD

Post by Jean-Francois Paniss » Sat, 01 Feb 1992 01:11:52

>I have RS6000 sitting in my office. I usually use it
>for 3D rendering and don't know a lot about it.
>It has CD reader. So my question is how to play
>music CD's on it. I have AIX 3.2.
>Thanks a lot.

I've been using this Motif music-CD program which someone sent me a while
ago. It works fine, but it is unable to do such things as figure out
which track is currently playing, or read the timing information at the
beginning of the disk. I understand that these may be limitations of the
CD-ROM drive firmware, but seeing how sparse the information on this device
seems to be, I'd like to be sure. So the question is: does anyone have
the information on how one could read this extra information from the
drive, or even better, have a music-CD program which does this? Ideally,
it would be nice to have a program which implements the features of a
consummer-oriented programmable CD player.

JF Panisset

--
Jean-Francois Panisset

UUCP: ...!mcgill-vision!panisset

how to play music from CD

Post by Brian Cas » Sat, 01 Feb 1992 01:33:43

>I have RS6000 sitting in my office. I usually use it
>for 3D rendering and don't know a lot about it.
>It has CD reader. So my question is how to play
>music CD's on it. I have AIX 3.2.
>Thanks a lot.

I have both a basic, Motif-based CD player (binaries only) and a more
functional, non-Motif CD player (with source available, so you can adapt
it at will).  Send me e-mail if you'd like them, and I'll send them out
to you.

1. How can I play music on CD-ROM drive

Hello,

I just got a cool CD-ROM drive and I am playing around with it.
(Needless to say it works great with Linux.  I am presently acquiring
DOS drivers for it.)  I have music CD-ROMs that I want to play
(Zepplin, Bach, etc.).  Is there software affiliated with Linux that
can play CD-ROM's?

I have no sound board: just the drive and external speakers that
connect up to the earphone jack.

Please E-mail me directly if you have any info.

Sincerely,
Dr. John V. Jaskolski

.

--

mm

2. __assert_fail undefined reference!??

3. how to play music from CD (ANSWER)

4. Pushing Linux in the Enterprise

5. Naive user: Playing music with cd-drive

6. fetchmail works -- but so does sendmail

7. use nec-260 CD-ROM to play music CD ?

8. need driver for G200 video card

9. How to play music CDs on CD-ROM drives?

10. Play.c -- music CD's on CD-ROM Compile problem

11. Getting raw CD music data off of a music CD

12. Playing music CDs, No sound

13. Playing Music CDs