Long Boot time with nfs-client not available

Long Boot time with nfs-client not available

Post by kh » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
we have a problem, when booting our nfs-server, while some nfs-clients
are not up.
Export fails but this takes a lot of time. Is there any way to set a
lower timeout or something like that?
Pleas help.
Greetings
Karl-Heinz Frankeser

Long Boot time with nfs-client not available

Post by Peter Bennet » Sat, 04 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Sadly, I don't think there is.  If this is important enough to change
the mechanism by which you share files, I'd suggest you take a look
at AFS (Transarc) or DFS (DCE based) both of which have faster recovery
times and many other benefits that I won'd bore you with.
(Security, replication, sensible cacheing, POSIX single site semantics,
location transparency)
Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.
Pete Bennett
Distributed Systems Professional Services