Puzzling AIX issue...

Post by sku.. » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,
I am an AIX newbie , and I 've got a uzlling thing going on basically
here its:
I have a shared library that we compile and link on AIX 4.3, upon
linking it, the oracle libraries path which we use is getting hardcoded
in there (basically you can see it using dump -H ) and when we put it
on other systems it just won't work and complains about not finding the
library as:
exec()  0509-022 Cannot load
library /dskrsb02/opt/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/lib/
hold/libclntsh.a[shr.o].
        0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name
does not exi
st.
I know that LIBPATH should solve it by pointing it properly but it IS
NOT WORKING , it seems as if LIBPATH isn't being looked at.
Any clues appreciated.
Thanks,
Sam .K

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Puzzling AIX issue...

Post by Gary R. Hoo » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

> I have a shared library that we compile and link on AIX 4.3, upon
> linking it, the oracle libraries path which we use is getting hardcoded
> in there (basically you can see it using dump -H ) and when we put it
> on other systems it just won't work and complains about not finding the
> library as:
> exec()  0509-022 Cannot load
> library /dskrsb02/opt/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/lib/
> hold/libclntsh.a[shr.o].
>         0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name
> does not exist.

Try using the -blibpath: option to specify the library search path
to be placed into the built thing.  This, along with the linker behavior
that describes what happens with the -L option values, is documented
in the pubs.

The tool of choice here is "dump" with the "-Hv" options, BTW.

Quote:> I know that LIBPATH should solve it by pointing it properly but it IS
> NOT WORKING , it seems as if LIBPATH isn't being looked at.

If your process gains privilege (i.e. it's set-UID) then LIBPATH is
cleared.  This is a security issue and is also documented (somewhere).

--
Gary R. Hook / AIX Kernel Development, IBM / These opinions are _MINE_
A piece of canvas is only the beginning

Puzzling AIX issue...

Post by Shannon St. Denni » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

Don;t know if this helps but...

we had the same problem with a vendor's code.
I set the LIBPATH in my profile to point to the oracle library directory and
things ran fine from the AIX command line.
But when I submitted jobs with the AT command, they failed with this error
again.  I put LIBPATH in my .kshrc file, and all is well again...

Shannon St. Dennis

>> I have a shared library that we compile and link on AIX 4.3, upon
>> linking it, the oracle libraries path which we use is getting hardcoded
>> in there (basically you can see it using dump -H ) and when we put it
>> on other systems it just won't work and complains about not finding the
>> library as:
>> exec()  0509-022 Cannot load
>> library /dskrsb02/opt/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/lib/
>> hold/libclntsh.a[shr.o].
>>         0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name
>> does not exist.

>Try using the -blibpath: option to specify the library search path
>to be placed into the built thing.  This, along with the linker behavior
>that describes what happens with the -L option values, is documented
>in the pubs.

>The tool of choice here is "dump" with the "-Hv" options, BTW.

>> I know that LIBPATH should solve it by pointing it properly but it IS
>> NOT WORKING , it seems as if LIBPATH isn't being looked at.

>If your process gains privilege (i.e. it's set-UID) then LIBPATH is
>cleared.  This is a security issue and is also documented (somewhere).

>--
>Gary R. Hook / AIX Kernel Development, IBM / These opinions are _MINE_
>A piece of canvas is only the beginning
>It takes on character with every loving stroke
>This thing of beauty is the passion of an artist's heart
>By God's design, we are a skin kaleidoscope    "Colored people", dc Talk

1. (newby) A very puzzling Ping Issue

I can't get DNS to work on my Sparc Machine. I've had the problem on my new
Sparc, and also on my X86 Solaris.

Before you tell me what files I have to set, I have done them all. Here is
what is curious:

I can't ping!!!
I can ping to an outside address, and it tells me it's alive. However, when
I send datagrams, it will send them, but not recieve any.

When I do NSLOOKUP (the res_mkquery call times out after sending the
request). I presume it can't read for some reason.

Now the strange thing is that I can use IP addresses directly to do ftp,
telnet, or even Internet. But DNS doesn't work, and I think it all relates
back to my inability to recieve packets using the basic PING command.

Thanks in advance

2. Object files built in the same environment varying is size

3. puzzling routing issue

4. Help!!! Problems with my Acer Extensa 500T notebook (video, audio and modem)

5. DiskSuite - puzzling issue

6. SIGPOLL error - Sybase Open server

7. Puzzling network issues

8. ws-ftp useage on unix?

9. Perl/ld issues under AIX (Re: BerkeleyDB on AIX)

10. prototyping puzzle in AIX's C compiler: help

11. C for AIX Compiler - Issues/Bugs

12. Lowercase a issue in DB2 text data on AIX

13. AIX 3.2.5/Login Issue