Keyboard Noise Problem

Post by Curt Ellma » Thu, 18 Jun 1992 21:22:48

Hello,

  I have a newish Model 340, and the keyboard makes a soft, but audible
  and annoying 'scratching' sound.  The sound gets louder when the mouse
  is moved, or when some computation is being done.  There is another
  340 here which does the same thing.  My question is: can this be turned off?

Thanks
curt ellmann.

Keyboard Noise Problem

Post by Marc Pawlig » Fri, 26 Jun 1992 06:20:46

|>   I have a newish Model 340, and the keyboard makes a soft, but audible
|>   and annoying 'scratching' sound.  The sound gets louder when the mouse
|>   is moved, or when some computation is being done.  There is another
|>   340 here which does the same thing.  My question is: can this be turned off?

Noise on 340's keyboard speakers is a known problem and is due to signals
induced to the keyboard speaker by signals on the planar board.  There is
an EC (engineering change) in the works.  You should contact your local SE
and see if it has hit the field yet and available for you to have
installed.

+  Marc Pawliger    IBM Advanced Workstations Division    Palo Alto, CA   +

+       VNET  MARCP at AUSTIN              IBM phone  T/L 465-3493        +

Keyboard Noise Problem

Post by Toshinao Ish » Sat, 27 Jun 1992 22:09:38

 > Noise on 340's keyboard speakers is a known problem and is due to signals
 > induced to the keyboard speaker by signals on the planar board.  There is
 > an EC (engineering change) in the works.  You should contact your local SE

Our 350 also has the same problem. Does someone know whether this bug
is fixed already and a new board is released ?

# A guy working on the 350 can know the state of his simulation
# from the pattern of the noise. The noise is not always bad.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Toshinao Ishii

        Central Research Laboratory
        MITSUBISHI Electric Corporation

1. Problems with a USB keyboard and a PS2 mouse chained to the keyboard

I cannot get my my PS2 Mouse that is chained to my USB keyboard to
work.  The keyboard works fine, but no mouse movement.  Hitting mouse
buttons generates keyboard.c errors, so the I/O is getting thru.

I'm running RedHat Linux 7.1, kernel 2.4.3-12.

I've tried running mouseconfig and set the mouse to be a type of USB.
When this happens, I get XFree errors when I try to start the
X-server.

I get no mouse in console mode either.

How does one configure a chained mouse with a USB keyboard in Linux?

2. LINUX7.1 SAMBA SERVER

3. keyboard problem without a keyboard

4. setting public arp

5. SB AWE64 noise problem

6. What mouse is AccuPoint?

7. the noise of realplay is too big,what's the problem

8. Program may exploit Microsoft server hole

9. X Refresh Problems? - Horizontal Noise in KDE 3.1

10. sound card (AWE32) noise problem

11. sound problems, loud buzzing noise

12. electronic noise? serialport problems!

13. Randon Noise problems with audiocs driver on Ultra 10, with low record.buffer_size