Kernel Extension ?

Post by Nilesh Pate » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

How can we find out which / all kernel extensions are currently loaded ?

If there is any command / systemcall to find out this ?

The sysconfig () system call asks for the path/name of the object module
inserted .
But I assume we dont know any names and find out the list of all
exetensions loaded .

Nilesh Patel

Kernel Extension ?

Post by Tejas Bhis » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Use crash utility.

> How can we find out which / all kernel extensions are currently loaded ?

> If there is any command / systemcall to find out this ?

> The sysconfig () system call asks for the path/name of the object module
> inserted .
> But I assume we dont know any names and find out the list of all
> exetensions loaded .

> Nilesh Patel

Kernel Extension ?

Post by Nilesh Pate » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Well I found out .
You can use genkex command and it will tell you which extensions are loaded.
Check man page

> Use crash utility.

> > How can we find out which / all kernel extensions are currently loaded ?

> > If there is any command / systemcall to find out this ?

> > The sysconfig () system call asks for the path/name of the object module
> > inserted .
> > But I assume we dont know any names and find out the list of all
> > exetensions loaded .

> > Nilesh Patel

1. Kernel Extensions

Some weeks ago, a friendly individual who's name I didn't save
posted a sample kernel extension. It works, but when I try
to make a similiar beast with TWO system calls in the same
object file, it dosen't work.

Both are listed in the .exp file as syscalls.
Calling the first one works fine. Calling any others
dumps core with an illegal instruction.

I suspect I'm missing something simple.
--
Benson I. Margulies

2. Virtual Net Space -- $100 per year

3. Debugging Kernel Extensions in Solaris

4. FreeBSD and Courier-IMAP's AuthUserDB

5. AIX Driver/Kernel Extension Locking

6. proftp

7. security with kernel extensions

8. oops Re: 2.5.63-mm2

9. kernel extensions on Solaris

10. error kernel extension

11. Oracle Kernel Extensions

12. ksettimer kernel extension on AIX 3.2

13. Help about AIX kernel extensions