looking for a utility on AIX to generate auto-extractible files for windows ?

looking for a utility on AIX to generate auto-extractible files for windows ?

Post by mohamed saneb » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 17:11:32

Hello,
Does it exist on AIX4.3.1 any program, utility or OS functionality
allowing to compress a file and generate an auto-extractible file to be
used on a windows machine ?
Thanks
Mohamed ?

Post by Randy Styk » Sun, 01 Sep 2002 06:41:45

> Hello,
> Does it exist on AIX4.3.1 any program, utility or OS functionality
> allowing to compress a file and generate an auto-extractible file to be
> used on a windows machine ?
> Thanks
> Mohamed ?

I am not aware of any standard, free utilities that have this
capability.  But our company wrote (and sells ;-) a ZIP for
Unix product which does have the ability to create a self
extracting executable for a PC.  So you can use this program
to ZIP up a directory or set of files, create a .EXE file, and
then move this file to a PC and run it like any executable and
you will get the original directory and files extracted.

or visit www.computron.com/ne   Merci!

| 4N165 Wood Dale Road           Phone:  630/941-7767             |
| Addison, Illinois  60101 USA   Fax:    630/941-7714             |