encrypting and decrypting

Post by andrew phuon » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:28:15

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you can help me on this. I want to
be able to encrypt and decrypt a password string.

I've tried using the c function "putpwent" from pwd.h   But that's pointless
as I can't
find a way to decrypt the password.

Any hint as to what other functions I can use??

Thanks in advance

Andrew

encrypting and decrypting

Post by LAIX Software Consultin » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:21:16

I don't think you decrypt the password.  I think you'd encrypt the password
entered to see if it matches the encrypted password you're comparing against.
If it was this easy to go through and decrypt the entries in /etc/passwd for
example, then the passwords wouldn't be of much use.

Regards,
Paul

> Hi All,

> I was wondering if any of you can help me on this. I want to
> be able to encrypt and decrypt a password string.

> I've tried using the c function "putpwent" from pwd.h   But that's pointless
> as I can't
> find a way to decrypt the password.

> Any hint as to what other functions I can use??

> Thanks in advance

> Andrew

1. Encrypt in solaris Decrypt in windows

Dear all,
   I want encrypt a file in solaris side. After that that thing I have
to decrypt in windows side. All thing I have to do through my own
application in one flow. Using blowfish I tried this thing. But bytes
allocation problem is there. I did like this in encryption time in
solaris side.
                encContent[0] = buf[3];
                encContent[1] = buf[2];
                 encContent[2] = buf[1];
                encContent[3] = buf[0];

                encContent[4] = buf[7];
                encContent[5] = buf[6];
                encContent[6] = buf[5];
                encContent[7] = buf[4];
It is working. But I have to change order in windows side. This is
slow and I want to encrypt such a way that I can simply dycrypt
directly in windows side just using key. I want to use C code in
solaris side. If any one have solution please help me.
  Thanks
     all

2. 4.0 and ex0?

3. Source for simple encrypt/decrypt

4. Multipel transfer mode problem in EIDE HDD..

5. crypt/decrypt/encrypt .. where are these system utils??

6. Returned missing advocate

7. how to decrypt "vi -x" encrypted files ?

8. Who Read Open Source?

9. encrypt/decrypt when using socket.

10. encrypt/decrypt under Solaris 8?

11. Decrypting UNIX crypt(1) encrypted files

12. How to encrypt a file on AIX and then decrypt it on NT

13. encrypt/decrypt on s10_54