Help needed with PCI (AIX-Access for DOS users) printing

Help needed with PCI (AIX-Access for DOS users) printing

Post by Fred Huc » Wed, 18 Sep 1991 20:48:59

Hello netters!

I have a big problem...
We are using PCI to access and share AIX partitions from DOS.
On the DOS side we use PC-Interface V.3.1.1 from Locus Comp., on the
AIX side 3005 is running. We are not able to print from DOS side.
After assigning LPT1 to a AIX print queue via the DOS "printer" command
and executing dir > lpt1 (or dir > prn) in DOS for a short time a file
named /tmp/pci[some characters] appeares on the AIX side, but nothing else
happens.

Desperately seeking for any help...

P.S. We also have PCI for another Unix host (HP9000/834) where printing works
     without problems.

P.P.S. Anybody knows how to start debugging in PCI? When I change the -D0
       to -DFFFF in /etc/rc.pci, the processes
       /usr/pci/bin/pciconsvr.ip and
       /usr/pci/bin/pcimapsvr.ip are logging to the appropiate files, but
       the pcidossvr is started with -D0 and so don't logs. So I can not
       log the printing process.

Fred Hucht, Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Duisburg, Germany

1. AIX Access for DOS Users

I am looking for anyone who might have some knowledge
of this product. We are connecting a PS/2 model 70
to our RS/6000 and want to run AIX Access for DOS Users
on it. I followed all the installation instructions
including getting DOS version 3.3 instead of 4.0,
but all I get is the message 'searching for hosts',
(yes it's connected) . The vendor who sold us the
product is not much help.

If this is not the correct news group, please let
me know where to post it !!!

Thank you.

Pat King

2. selection broken, 1.1.62, gcc 2.6.2

3. New AIX user, need to access more disk space

4. /export/ROOT full on file server.

5. need help w/anon ftp access to DOS partition

6. intalling linux from zip drive.

7. need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users

8. Encrypted File System on SCO?

9. need to restrict users from doing a su to a selected group of users

10. Need for help on remote printing via dial-up terminal access

11. Help needed to set-up dial-in access to AIX 3.x

12. Need help, cannot access /~users/