Time sysnchronisation on AIX with an OS/390 mainframe

Time sysnchronisation on AIX with an OS/390 mainframe

Post by Nico Bartel » Sun, 17 Mar 2002 00:17:55

We want to synchronize with the timed deamon our AIX-servers(version 4.3.3)
with the OS/390-mainframe.

On the mainframe is the timed started.

When I start the timed deamon with the log option on the AIX server I become
in the log of the timed deamon several messages:

    readmsg: version mismatch

The timed deamon doesn't  working.

How can we setup the synchronisation between a AIX-server and a mainframe?

In avanced thanks for any answer.

N. Bartels

1. Time synchronization on AIX servers with an OS/390 mainframe

Hi,

Maybe it is a old question, howerver, I do need the solution.
We need to synchronize AIX servers with an OS/390 mainframe. NTP is a
good way to go but the mainframe doesn't support NTP, it just supports
TIMED. We decided to use a AIX server to get time from mainframe using
TIMED and then send time out using NTP ( Or start NTP to wait for
pulling from the others). When the mainframe guy started the TIMED as
master on mainframe, I still couldn't get time from it!?

Any help would be appreciated.

Max

2. Help with Serial Port Needed

3. how to syncronize Aix time from OS/390 timed server?

4. share a folder in linux to win98 user

5. FTP from AIX to OS/390 question

6. DNAT with http/https

7. AIX SP2 Connection to MVS OS/390-Host

8. bash1.08 and AIX on 6000?

9. CICS: choose AIX, OS/390, or NT

10. SIGMICRO TO PROVIDE FREE ACCESS TO AN S/390 MAINFRAME AND AN IA-64 FOR RESEARCHERS

11. IBM has Linux/390 for the mainframe

12. IBM announces 64-bit mainframes and 64-bit Linux for S/390

13. Time Sysnchronisation using NTP Time Server - How do install and configure ?