How can I protect My backup with Password

How can I protect My backup with Password

Post by news2.ibm.ne » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hello All
I use to take backup of File systems
fro Exp # tar -cvf /dev/rmt0 /filesystem
I want to make this backup Password protected so no one can restore
or no one can run tar -tvf , tar -xvf without password

Khurram khan

How can I protect My backup with Password

Post by Norman Levi » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'd suggest buying a safe.
--
Norman Levin
vm/dynAmIX inc.

1. Any backup solutions that offer password protected tapes?

Hi all,

We have a client that is pretty hot and bothered about "password
protecting"  the data that is written to tape.  Currently using Suns
Networker, and according to Sun, this software does not provide such an
option.  Well, they do if you are using a Windows of Netware client, in
the form of ASMs.  But for some reason, not with Unix (go figure, the
software is actually running on Solaris 9)

I have done a little research on other products and I don't even see
this as being a typical feature; is it?  What they are looking for is
some sort of prompt to be presented (before or after a backup) that
will give them a warm and fuzzy feeling that their data is "secure"
when it is shipped off site.

2. Win98 proxy and a linux box trying to get through it

3. Password CGI: Add links within a password protected area

4. Linux Hardware

5. Protect files with password ... without the password

6. lpr filter help

7. Phttpd and password protected dirs.

8. What dial up program to use??

9. Password protect web folder

10. need GRUB to password protect DOS

11. What backup power supply can protect the fs against power outage?

12. telnetd[#####]: can't find user in protected password database

13. password protecting ind. files?