OS for IBM RS/6000 860 notebook

OS for IBM RS/6000 860 notebook

Post by Roger Andersso » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00



Is it possible to install another OS than AIX 4.1 on  IBM RS/6000 860
notebook. Does somebody have experiance in the matter of installing an
alternate OS on this computer.
 
 
 

OS for IBM RS/6000 860 notebook

Post by Joshua S. Bass » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00


I have heard that you can install NT 3.51 on the 860,
but when I had my Power Notebook I only ran AIX
4.1.5.

--
Joshua S. Bassi
Senior Technical Consultant
IBM Certified Specialist - AIX Support
Tivoli Certified Consultant - TSM 3.7
Symatrix Technology, Inc.


Quote:> Is it possible to install another OS than AIX 4.1 on  IBM RS/6000 860
> notebook. Does somebody have experiance in the matter of installing an
> alternate OS on this computer.


 
 
 

OS for IBM RS/6000 860 notebook

Post by Roger Andersso » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00


There is no OS installed on my ibm-860. Ive had difficulties in getting a
copy of AIX 4.1.5 due to that IBM have put it out of the market. Is that a
fact? If so how do I get a copy of it?

Roger Andersson



> I have heard that you can install NT 3.51 on the 860,
> but when I had my Power Notebook I only ran AIX
> 4.1.5.

> --
> Joshua S. Bassi
> Senior Technical Consultant
> IBM Certified Specialist - AIX Support
> Tivoli Certified Consultant - TSM 3.7
> Symatrix Technology, Inc.



> > Is it possible to install another OS than AIX 4.1 on  IBM RS/6000 860
> > notebook. Does somebody have experiance in the matter of installing an
> > alternate OS on this computer.

 
 
 

OS for IBM RS/6000 860 notebook

Post by Roger - CAT » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Hi.
You can also run AIX 4.2.1. I have a 850 and it work fine.
Is it lack of experience of AIX or is it just problem to get
it.
It is hard to find a OS with AIX nice features its stable
and you can do almost everything without rebooting.

// Roger - CATE

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

 
 
 

OS for IBM RS/6000 860 notebook

Post by Roger Andersso » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Hi!
Both. Im lacking experience of AIX but Im curious to try it out. On the
other hand, Im also interested in getting my 860 running, with AIX or
another OS.
Roger Andersson



Quote:> Hi.
> You can also run AIX 4.2.1. I have a 850 and it work fine.
> Is it lack of experience of AIX or is it just problem to get
> it.
> It is hard to find a OS with AIX nice features its stable
> and you can do almost everything without rebooting.

> // Roger - CATE

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find

related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is
Beautiful
 
 
 

1. RS/6000 Model 860 (Notebook): Error 16000 at startup

Our 5 years old notebook shows error 16000 at startup. Manual says
hardware error motherboard, but nothing else. The self test in Easy set
up shows no error, the error log is empty, the machine works normally,
but at every start it shows this error. Any idea?

Greetings,
--
Burkhard Schultheis
Tele Data Electronic, Wagnerstr. 10, D-76448 Durmersheim

Phone: +49-7245-9287-21, Fax: +49-7245-9287-30

2. telnet client with sco ansi emulation

3. AIX 4.1.5 wanted for RS/6000-860 Notebook

4. showmount

5. RS/6000 860 Notebook S/w install Questions

6. How to make jumpstart install patches?

7. Linux on IBM RS/6000 860 PPC laptop?

8. Unable to connect to networked PC

9. IBM RS/6000 860 Web Cam

10. RS/6000-860 + ADTX SCSI-IDE Converter?

11. Linux on RS/6000 860 portable?

12. AIX 4.2 on RS/6000 ThinkPad (7249-860)?