Consol Volume Control

Post by Bistey Csab » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:29:24

Hi all!

I have a RS/6000 43p-150 model, i don't know what kind of sound card in it.
I wanted to use it as an amplifier, so i put the other computer line out to
it's line in, and put a small speaker to it's earphone out (i think that one
amplified), i installed IBM's UltiMedia Service, and i can play wav, and
midi-s on the RS/6000. But it has only (if i know good) volume control under
X. And my IBM3151 terminal not looks like an X terminal (-:. So if somebody
know how can i enable the line-in (when i use UMS application it works, but
when the application stops it muted). And how can i set the volumes. In
shortly is there any consol mixer software available for AIX 4.2.1.0 ???

Thanks:
Bistey Csaba
System Administrator

Consol Volume Control

Post by sp2 admi » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 01:24:58

under aix 4.3 /usr/lpp/UMS/dt/bin/dtmaster_settings

i dont know if it exists under 4.2, but it is part of the UMS filesets.

> Hi all!
> I have a RS/6000 43p-150 model, i don't know what kind of sound card in it.
> I wanted to use it as an amplifier, so i put the other computer line out to
> it's line in, and put a small speaker to it's earphone out (i think that one
> amplified), i installed IBM's UltiMedia Service, and i can play wav, and
> midi-s on the RS/6000. But it has only (if i know good) volume control under
> X. And my IBM3151 terminal not looks like an X terminal (-:. So if somebody
> know how can i enable the line-in (when i use UMS application it works, but
> when the application stops it muted). And how can i set the volumes. In
> shortly is there any consol mixer software available for AIX 4.2.1.0 ???
> Thanks:
> Bistey Csaba
> System Administrator

1. sound volume control on a U10?

Hi,

I'm using a Sun Ultra 10 with Solaris 2.6. The problem is that still I
started to use the program workman to play CDs, the internal speaker
is playing them at full volume. How can I turn that off?
I only need to use the build in CD-ROM headphone jack.

Thanks

Robert

2. Rxvt seg faults

3. Volume Control

4. s.*

5. ess maestro, support for hardware volume control

6. Anyone using Adaptec 29160 card is able to use gcc3.01 compiled 2.4.9 kernel?

7. GUS, WorkMan, SCSI CD-ROM: no volume control

8. LINUX and secondary IDE controller addresses HELP!

9. Volume control settings

10. Alsa: Sound but no volume control

11. volume control from commandline

12. No volume control on my Sony CDU-76S CD-ROM drive

13. SB(16) gain control? (not volume) how?