Help RAN 16 Port Pin outs

Post by bu.. » Mon, 20 Jan 1997 04:00:00

We have a RAN 16 port with the typical 10 pin setup. I was
looking to connect some terminals and modems up to this by putting
together some cables. I had the IBM tech out here and he said he didnt
know what signals were on which pins. He had a couple of diagrams but
most were either wrong or had the transmit line on pin 1. This would
mean you had to have a ten pin connector instead of the usual 8 pin
RJ45. Does anyone have the correct pin outs for this device? Please

                                                Thanks in advance

Help RAN 16 Port Pin outs

Post by Jerald H. Mathe » Tue, 21 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: Does anyone have the correct pin outs for this device? Please

Pin 1 - RI
Pin 2 - DSR*
Pin 3 - RTS
Pin 4 - Frame GND
Pin 5 - TxD
Pin 6 - RxD
Pin 7 - Signal GND
Pin 8 - CTS
Pin 9 - DTR
Pin 10 - DCD*

*The physical location of DCD and DSR may be interchanged through
software control if desired.

--
Regards,
Jerry M.