BOS in 5 disks?

Post by Chris » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:26:32

i installed 5.1 from just the first disk and the other four were not
requested. the docs evidently reside on yet another disk, one that i
don't have ...
so what are the other 4 of 5 BOS disks for!?
(i could look at the package details but just looking for the 'big
picture')

thanks
- chris

1. where can I find : devices.mca.e001 - bos.rte.mp - bos.txt.tfs ?

Hi,

I have installed AIX v4.1.5 from scratch.

1) When I run cfgmgr, I get the following message :
cfgmgr: 0514-621  WARNING: The following device packages are required
for device support but are not currently installed.
device.mca.e001

2) I fail in installing some other packages due to not installed
prerequisites packages :
bos.rte.tmp and bot.txt.tfs

I would like to install these missing packages, if I knew where to find
them. I
cannot find them on any of the CD's that got delivered with my AIX v4.1.5
installation box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TIA, Bruno Misseeuw,

2. S3 switching video modes (Xwindows --> Console)

3. bos.libc.4.3.2.10, bos.libc.4.3.3.0

4. Inaccessible web server behind router inspite of port forwarding

5. bos.up, bos.mp and 7044-170 machine firmware

6. Multiple AddHandler directives in Apache

7. bos.msg.fr_FR.rte / bos.msg.fr_FR.net.tcp.client

8. Problems Installing OpenLinux 1.3

9. How to make a bootimage disk, like the bootdsks.144 ins slackware.

10. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

12. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet

13. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4