Any low cost ISPF editors?

Post by Dean Witt » Sun, 14 Mar 1993 04:25:34

We are a IBM mainframe shop using ISPF on both MVS and VM, and now
have a few RS6000's for voice applications.

As there is a AIX version of ISPF for about $1000, it's hard to justify
that cost for just one or two programmers.

We do have CPEDIT, which is a VM like X-EDIT editor, but is there a
ISPF editor for just a few hundred dollars?

Thanks!
Dean Wittke
Cal Poly Administrative Systems

Any low cost ISPF editors?

Post by Dennis Sto » Sun, 14 Mar 1993 02:51:27

A company called The Workstation Group has a product called Uni-SPF
which is claimed to be ISPF for Unix (I called and was told that AIX is
supported).

They also have two other products called Uni-XEDIT and Uni-REXX which
are
UNIX versions of the respective products.  I don't have pricing info
here (we are also looking at these products since we run VM and 3
RS6000s),

I can E-Mail you the company's address and phone #.

(Dang, this message didn't format very well!)

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

1. Low cost, low power small form-factor system?

I'm currently using an old PC as a firewall at home. The problem is
that it's bulky and noisy. I would like to get something like a
StrongArm based system with a flash, serialport, and two ethernet
ports. The problems is that most of the embedded systems that I've
seen so fare are quite expensive. Can anybody recommend any low cost,
low power (no noisy fan), and small form-factor systems? Not
necessarily ARM based.

Thanks
Petter
Petter Gustad   8'h2B | (~8'h2B) - Hamlet in Verilog   http://gustad.com

2. Cannot Print Postscript,Help!!

3. Debian Woody/Sid Hybrid & Windows - Low cost/Low end USB Network

4. HELP partition table destroyed...

5. low-power, low cost hardware for solar powered project

6. NIS server for linux

7. Anybody coded the ISPF editor yet?

8. Mozilla/xprint problem

9. Are ISPF editor and REXX clones available on Linux ?

10. Another Editor Question - ISPF

11. something similar to ISPF editor

12. Real low cost handheld projects using linux ??

13. low cost embedded hardware