bad frames in PDT report?

Post by Mark Anderse » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Upgraded from 4.1.5 to 4.3.1 on a J30 box. Since the upgrade the PDT
report has daily come up with the following statement in its alerts
section.

VIRTUAL MEMORY
-There is evidence of memory contention , yet Memory Load Control is
disabled
-VMM has identified 161 bad frames (*this line is the problem*)

Note: The first line apparently has always been there but the second
line is new. Also the number of bad frames changes on a daily basis.
Obviously this has to do with the paging of memory frames but does
anyone know the reason for this and a possible solution.

TIA

1. PDT filesystem report

When running the PDT reporting tool, I get a report where the percent
used of the filesystems are several thousand percent.
This occurs on all AIX 4.3 I have. Does anyone know about this problem
and how to solve it??

--
Henrik Morsing
System Administrator

Web: www.idp.dk

2. Trident 8400 Graphics adapter

3. PDT Report Alert

4. Change video modes in X

5. "bad frames" error using pppd

7. FWD- MS in frame in 4m user 'racism' class action bid

8. Fonts

9. pppd; frame with bad fcs,

10. PPP: "frame with bad fcs" errors

11. ppp frame with bad fcs

12. PPP receives bad frame msg and times out sending Config-Request

13. ppp and frame with bad fcs